Visa Exemption

Be advised:

No more visa exemption stamps at Aran for the time being. Saw a sign today when I did my visa run.

The Thai immigration will ask you at departure whether you have a visa or not, if you haven't you will not be allowed to leave (I myself have a visa).

//Bertil

I wonder if this has to do with primarily trying to discourage Cambodians from entering Thailand and then never returning? Just when you think it's reached the peak of insanity......where can these policies possibly go from here? :o

Be advised:

No more visa exemption stamps at Aran for the time being. Saw a sign today when I did my visa run.

The Thai immigration will ask you at departure whether you have a visa or not, if you haven't you will not be allowed to leave (I myself have a visa).

//Bertil

I assume this ONLY applies if the traveller is planning on returning to Thailand.  It, hopefully, does not apply to someone continuing on to, say, Siem Reap via land.

Standing by for further reports from the border.

Mac (on a retirement extension)

Any update on this? Are VE runs now banned at this place?

Yup.

Phoned aranyapratet checkpoint on the day the opening thread was posted to ask for info. The immigration officer said no more 30 day. It's still good for extending other visas though, as far as I understand. I was wondering what the visa run companies are doing now, and whether this is the policy for every border checkpoint with Cambodia?

Anyhow, 30 days at a time is a real hassle these days (unless your genuinely leaving) . I'm going to Laos in a few.

regards

an old time 30 day'er.

The remaining visa run companies are already going to Ban Laem , except Jack's still goes with a early 5am bus to Aran/PoiPet.

Where are the Pattaya visa run companies going now? Where is Ban Laem?

Does Jack Golf have an exemption from this new policy at Aran?

Edited by tropo

The remaining visa run companies are already going to Ban Laem , except Jack's still goes with a early 5am bus to Aran/PoiPet.

Does Jack Golf have an exemption from this new policy at Aran?

as far as I know the Pattaya companies go anyway to Ban Laem, a small crossing in Chantaburi.

Re ; this new Policy ,any photo of the Instruction available? Can not believe that they close a border crossing for visa exemption.

Ban Laem is easier to get to than Aranypratet from Pattaya so is a natural choice. It's about 60km north of the route 3/317 intersection at Chantaburi. Takes a little longer from Bangkok though so wonder if the Bangkok VE visa runners all go there now??

Ban Laem is easier to get to than Aranypratet from Pattaya so is a natural choice. It's about 60km north of the route 3/317 intersection at Chantaburi. Takes a little longer from Bangkok though so wonder if the Bangkok VE visa runners all go there now??

If they've closed one border to visa exemption entries, what's to stop them from closing them all. Shouldn't we be trying to find out the reasons for this closure?

Maybe it's a sign that visa runs to anywhere (overland) are soon to become a thing of the past and only available at the airport.

If they still give visa free 30 day entries for people coming into Thailand at Aran/Poipet, what would be the wait period for someone going to Cambodia before they can re-enter? Maybe they've started imposing a 24 hour stay-out period?

So many maybes?